All young people have the right to be free of homelessness.
Along with our amazing partners, CWP is excited to announce the release of Youth Rights! Right Now! Ending Youth Homelessness: A Human Rights Guide.
The guide is meant to be used as a tool to enhance and improve on existing or developing youth homelessness strategies and policies. It embraces a human rights approach, which is the idea that all young people have a fundamental, legal right to be free of homelessness and to have access to adequate housing.
This guide brings human rights to the forefront of decision making with an aim to assist in the identification of systemic causes of homelessness and demonstrate how to use a human rights approach.
This Guide is for YOU:
- A NATIONAL POLICYMAKER developing a national strategy to end youth homelessness.
- A MEMBER OF AN ADVISORY BOARD developing a community plan for youth homelessness.
- A YOUNG PERSON AT RISK OF OR EXPERIENCING HOMELESSNESS with a desire to engage in developing strategies to address it.
- A SOCIAL WORKER at a local shelter or refuge for homeless youth.
- A MEMBER OF A BAND COUNCIL directing efforts to end homelessness in your community.
Learn more by clicking on the image below to read Youth Rights! Right Now! Ending Youth Homelessness: A Human Rights Guide.
Canada Without Poverty is a non-partisan, not-for-profit, charitable organization dedicated to the elimination of poverty in Canada. CWP is here because of your support. We would not be able to continue our work in eliminating poverty without your help. Please consider making a donation to CWP to support our work in ending poverty for everyone in Canada.